You may feel that maths is taught very differently from when you were at school! In class much time is spent on teaching mental calculation strategies. We have recently adopted 'Big Maths' as our preferred method of teaching these mental strategies to your child. I know that many parents are interested in finding out more about this scheme and how you can use it at home to support your child further. It is for this reason I have organised a parent CLIC workshop for next Wednesday 22nd November, where myself and your child's class teacher will introduce you to the wonderful world of CLIC.
The workshop will start at 5.30pm and aims to last around 45 minutes. All classes from Reception to Year 6 will be involved. We ask you to come along to the school hall with your child and find out what Big Maths is all about by working through a CLIC session alongside your child in their classroom and even sitting a 'Beat That' test. Do you have what it takes to beat your child's score?
I understand that some of you may have more than one child at Penygawsi who are in different classes. I appreciate it is impossible for you to be in two places at once, however, I want you to be reassured in knowing the CLIC sessions will run very similarly in all classes. It is therefore your choice as to which class you attend for the practical part of the workshop.
I understand that some of you may have more than one child at Penygawsi who are in different classes. I appreciate it is impossible for you to be in two places at once, however, I want you to be reassured in knowing the CLIC sessions will run very similarly in all classes. It is therefore your choice as to which class you attend for the practical part of the workshop.
I look forward to seeing you all in a week's time.
Thank you for your continued support
Mrs Rees :O)


No comments:
Post a Comment