Dear parents,
this is a video message for the children to receive in class. Please do not show it to them beforehand. It's the message they have been waiting for all week. I have uploaded it to the blog because we regularly look at our class blog page in class as a means of reviewing our work. The children get to see the photographs that I post and know you will have the opportunity to see them too. They understand that the blog is a means of communication and daily they have encouraged me to check it to see if Queen Bee has left us a message.
This video message is something that we call a hook. A hook is a technique we use at school to get the children interested and involved in their learning, to 'Hook them in!'
As you can see in the video, they have been asked to plan what they want to learn, think about skills and plan activities around how they are going to learn them.
Queen bee will be visiting us regularly to keep us on our toes and on task. She is very interested in how the children are going to progress throughout the term.
Hopefully they will discuss it with you at home too. I will leave the video on the blog page so that they can revisit it at home with yourselves.
Thanks for your support. I will post photographs of their theme/topic planning for you to see the outcome.
Mrs James.
URGENT MESSAGE FOR THE CHILDREN OF Y GARTH.
No comments:
Post a Comment