Tuesday, 1 November 2016

What are we doing over the next two weeks?

Language Development.

Read Write Inc.







Learning/reviewing the letter sounds- Review sounds- m,a,s,d,t,i,n,p,g,o,c,k,u,b, f,e,l, h, sh

Introduce

Week 1.

r- Down the robot’s back, then up and curl.
j-Down his body, curl and dot.
v- Down a wing, up a wing.

Week 2.

y-Down a horn, up a horn and under the yak’s head.
w-Down, up, down, up the worm.
th- Down the tower, across the tower, then down the horse’s head to the hooves and over his back



Forming these letters with a variety of kinaesthetic opportunities- pencils, chalk, shaving foam, dough, paint, sand. Remember we start with a get ready line which starts on the line.

High Frequency Words. Daily review of words taught.
a, all, am, and, are, at, away, big, can, cat, come, dad, day, dog, for, get, go, going, he, I

Introduce 
Week 1. is, in, it, like, look.
Week 2. me, mum, my, no, of.

Focused tasks: 
Acrostic Firework Poems Week 1.
Firework Safety Posters Week 2.
Writing about our weekend news. Writing on the line, finger spaces, capital letters to start a sentence and full stops. Week 2.


2 Weekly Guided Reading Activities.
Reading with a Teaching Assistant.
Reading with a Teacher.
Consolidation of letter formation from Read write inc sessions.
Drawing and writing your news on a whiteboard and telling someone about it.
Onset and rime CVC word.
Puzzles.
Firework colourings.
Class Library.
Discussing the Firework illustration props cards.

Daily CLIC Maths.


Counting
Saying Numbers- I can count to 20. 
Counting skills-I know when to count, I know the last number is the total - Building Tall tower blocks
Actual counting, I can count on and count back 1.
I can say teen for teen numbers. 

Learn its
Doubles- 1+1, 2+2, 3+3, 4+4, 5+5 using a visual (hands) as a guide.

Mathematical Development:  
Week 1.
Counting the fireworks and writing the corresponding digit.

Week 2.
Adding the fireworks, 
Understanding the symbol +

Knowledge and Understanding of the World Development & Creative Development.

The story of Guy Fawkes.
BBC Video- Who is Guy Fawkes?


Making a giant firework painting outdoors with spray bottles and paint.

ICT- Using 2 Simple paint programme (all tools) and a mouse make a fireworks picture for display.

Make a firework rocket, sparkler, catherine wheel.

Personal and Social Education

Bon Fire Night Safety. 
Why do we need to stay safe on Bon fire night?
Discussing the Firework scene prompt card and make a group poster and illustrate.


Physical Development.
PE- Travelling like a firework. Over, under and around apparatus.

Daily Fine Motor Control Intervention Group- with Miss Key

Writing numbers 1-10.
Colouring the firework pictures.
Dough disco.
Draw and colour in a firework.
Cut out the firework pictures.

PSE- Being independent. Dressing and undressing ourselves, personal care and hygiene.

Welsh Language for the Second Half of the Autumn Term.


Revise
All previously taught patterns from Nursery + Autumn 1 Reception +

Ga i fynd i’r tŷ bach, os gwelwch yn dda?
Ga i afal coch, os gwelwch yn dda?

Pwy wyt ti?
Sut wyt ti?
Beth sy yn y parsel?
Ble mae’r jeli?
Dyma’r jeli.

Bore da
Prynhawn da
Nos da
Hwyl Fawr
Dyma Tedi.
Ble mae Doli?
Beth sy yn y bocs?

Barod?
Barod.
Un, dau, tri, bant â chi!

Penblwydd hapus

Pa liw ydy hwn?
Sut mae’r tywydd?                         
Beth wyt ti eisiau?
Ga i afal?
Ga i’r jeli?
Dyma ti.
Diolch
Ga i fynd i’r tŷ bach?
Cei / Na chai

New
Beth sy yn y fasged?
Mae banana yn y fasged

Extension
Beth ydy hwn?

Beth sydd ar y bwrdd?
Mae tedi ar y bwrdd

Beth sydd gyda ti?
Mae pêl gyda fi
Does dim beic gyda fi




Can I go to the toilet, please?
Can I have a red apple, please?


Who are you?
How are you?
What’s in the parcel?
Where’s the jelly?
Here’s the jelly.

Good morning   
Good afternoon     
Goodnight
Goodbye
Here is Teddy.   
Where is Dolly?
What’s in the box?

Ready?
Ready
One, two, three, off you go!

Happy birthday

Which colour is this?
How is the weather?
What do you want?
Can I have an apple?
Can I have the jelly?
Here you are
Thank you
Can I go to the toilet?
Yes/No


What’s in the basket?
There’s a banana in the basket


What is this?

What is on the table?
A teddy is on the table

What have you got?
I have a ball
I don’t have a bike

Welsh Activities
Week 1. Read Book ‘Picnic Tedi Twt’
Week 2.  

  • independent language skills, eg play ‘Beth sy’ yn y dŵr?’ / Pupils to make their own sandwiches asking ‘Ga i frechdan ham?’
  • Writing activities to encourage independent writing skills, eg emergent writing and illustration activity – pupils to state what sort of sandwich they want.

Mrs James. 

No comments:

Post a Comment